The 2015 Film Club is at The Venue at Daystar Center, 1550 S. State St., Chicago. Hosted by Stephen Reginald, this film series features seven Hitchcock classics.
Alfred Hitchcock is one of the most successful directors in the history of film. During the 1940s, Hitchcock produced an incredible body of work in Hollywood. Probably no other director’s work has been so widely acclaimed, examined, or written about. Hitchcock never took his audience for granted, always believing that entertaining them was his primary goal. Perhaps it’s this of the director’s genius that makes his films seem forever modern and relevant today. We will discover or rediscover some of Hitchcock’s most iconic films.
Movies are screened at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday every month. Mr. Reginald introduces each film giving background information before screenings, with discussion afterward. He is a freelance writer/editor and popular instructor at Facets Film School in Chicago. He was also the original host of Meet Me at the Movies.
Tickets are $5, or $3 for Senior Citizens at the box office table the night of the screening. Click on the links below for tickets and for more info on the movies.
New Series Starting - Hitchcock in the 50's!
March 10th: Film Club's 2nd Year Anniversary Screening!!
Stage Fright (1950) ~ @ 6:30pm
Strangers on a Train (1951) ~ @ 6:30pm
Chicago Solo Theatre: It's Personal
Enjoy original and personal short stories from local Chicago creative storytellers!
BYOB!!! Bring your alcoholic beverage of choice to enjoy during the performance. You can still get lots of tasty non-alcoholic beverages from Overflow Coffee Bar too.
Chicago Solo Theatre is dedicated to producing the finest solo plays and storytelling events in the Midwest. David Boyle, Founder/Artistic Director
March 14th @7:30pm ~ Laura Scruggs performs her show "Punk Grandpa"
Other Solo Theatre Dates to Save:
Daystar Center Benefit Concert
On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 6pm, the Daystar Center invites you to join in a night of inspiring music while supporting our community-building efforts.
There are so many reasons to attend:
- Enjoy awesome music from the groups in two sets.
- Relish a bonus collaboration set where the bands join together for an improvisational jam session.
- Be one of the first to hear about and see the future of Daystar Center! We will be making a big announcement and releasing a new website during the concert.
- General admission is only $15 and includes complimentary appetizers and BYOB. If you'd like, bring wine or beer to enjoy during the show. For an even better deal, advance tickets are 2 for $20 online only.
- The concert is conveniently held at 1550 S. State Street in the Auditorium space located through Overflow Coffee Bar. Overflow will be open during the concert if you'd like to purchase a beverage or food.
More information about the music and tickets are available at this link: